Studio Drift is looking for an energetic
MANAGING DIRECTOR PRODUCTIONS
Academic level of thinking
Age: approx. 30-50 years
Work experience: minimal of 7-10 years with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience Preferably resident of Amsterdam area, or willing to move to Amsterdam.
Fluent in English and preferably Dutch speaking.
As the Managing Director Productions at Studio Drift you will have a central and an essential role in our studio. You are responsible for daily operations and for organizing everything that is produced in the studio. You will manage the entire production team and work closely with the creative directors. You are responsible for the employees, the planning and the organization of the work flow. For the efficiency of work processes and floor management, for effective and efficient use of time and materials, and you will set up a logical method for storing data and materials. You will be responsible for production budgets and stock management.
You are an inspiring and positive personality that can connect and motivate the team members, freelancers and interns.
We are looking for a candidate who has performed (is performing) successfully in a previous and similar job.
We are looking for a new colleague:
- with excellent management qualities to guide a very varied and motivated team and help them to excel in their abilities.
- with excellent planning skills and who is capable to oversee complex situations quickly.
- who has a mathematical understanding of budget planning.
- who can make decisions.
- who can be flexible in our everyday changing agenda and at the same time reduce stress by showing strong leadership.
- who is experienced in the production of a variety of different products with both technical and crafts components.
- who has an affinity with and understands electronics and mechanics
- who has developed an elaborate creative way of thinking and working
- who has a practical but analytic approach
- who is positive, flexible, innovative, investigative, enterprising, ambitious and strategic.
- who has knowledge of and affinity with design and art
- who has a wonderful eye for quality, details and finishing
- who is willing to develop a complete understanding of the DNA of Studio Drift and can work with, communicate, improve and protect these values.
Studio Drift is a very dynamic and innovative multidisciplinary studio, based in Amsterdam. Our projects and clients are located worldwide. We work with architects, interior designers, museums and art collectors for public and private areas. We make site-specific installations along the fine line between art and design. Under the artistic supervision of directors Lonneke Gordijn and Ralph Nauta, and with our team of creative developers and makers, engineers, scientists and architects, we develop and produce sculptures, art works and light installations in which nature, technology, movement, light and space take center stage.
Please send us a letter of motivation and resume including references before May 8th to email@example.com, addressed to Ralph Nauta and Lonneke Gordijn, heads of of the selection commission.
For further questions about the job please contact us via: 0031 20 8406993.
Interviews are scheduled for May15th and 16th, 2017.