Studio Drift operates with light installations and art projects on the thin dividing line between Art and Design. Drift focuses in her work on the dialogue between seeming contradictions; nature and technology, science and emotions, science fiction and reality. Nature is her leading source of inspiration, where the creative process is fueled by innovation and technology. Our studio is internationally oriented and is located in the top segment of the art and design world.
Studio Drift is founded by Lonneke Gordijn and Ralph Nauta (Artists and founders) and is in continuous dialogue with the international art scene, setting up and maintaining a worldwide network of curators, press and fair directors.
In our studio in Amsterdam we work with 20 people on the development and production of artworks and installations that are sold all over the world.
Technical Project Manager
Minimum HBO working and thinking level
Extensive technical educational background such as Mechanical Engineering
At least 4 years of relevant work experience in a comparable position
The Technical Project Manager functions within the team of Project Managers who are responsible for the development, testing, assembly, installation and maintenance of the mostly mechanical works that the studio produces.
The Project Manager is responsible for:
- running several projects at the same time
- ensuring that the projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget
- reporting and escalating to senior management as needed
- coordinating internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of the projects
- communication and coordinating with clients and client representatives such as construction companies, interior designers and contractors
- designing technical solutions for hanging the artwork at specific locations
- sourcing suppliers, ordering parts and maintaining contacts with suppliers
- overseeing and participating in the assembly of the artwork in the studio
- planning and budgeting and developing scopes and objectives for new projects
- creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
- contribute with technical solutions and design to other managers’ projects.
Required skills and characteristics
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering, construction and architecture
- Capable of keeping an overview over complex processes with many stakeholders form different cultural backgrounds
- Accurate, structured worker and a good planner
- Good communicator
- Interest in latest technologies and production processes
- Command of the English language
- Comfortable working in a dynamicand artistic environment with tight deadlines and high demanding clients
- Stress resistant
- No 9-5 mentality
- Team player
- Being prepared to travel abroad regularly
- Driving License B
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office (Adobe Ilustrator and / or Rhino are a plus)
- Excellent control of CAD programs such as SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor and / or OnShape.
If you are interested, we would like to receive your motivation letter and CV with photo for the attention of Martino Bidotti, email@example.com. For questions we are available at 020 840 69 93. For more information see: www.studiodrift.com